Jun 7, 2012

Eve

You know how I said I hadn't read anything lately? Well, I remembered I had this in my pile of books, picked it up, and read it in about 3 hours. And it was amazing. Therefore, review time!


Eve (Eve #1)
Anna Carey

Eve (Eve, #1)The year is 2032, sixteen years after a deadly virus—and the vaccine intended to protect against it—wiped out most of the earth’s population. The night before eighteen-year-old Eve’s graduation from her all-girls school she discovers what really happens to new graduates, and the horrifying fate that awaits her. 
Fleeing the only home she’s ever known, Eve sets off on a long, treacherous journey, searching for a place she can survive. Along the way she encounters Caleb, a rough, rebellious boy living in the wild. Separated from men her whole life, Eve has been taught to fear them, but Caleb slowly wins her trust...and her heart. He promises to protect her, but when soldiers begin hunting them, Eve must choose between true love and her life.


This book was... just wow. I love dystopian books (you'll find that I love a lot of things in YA fiction), and this one is right up there with Divergent and Wither for me. It was seriously that good. I just devoured it. I'm not sure I'll be able to contain my excitement into paragraphs, so have some bullet points:

  1. Caleb: I loved him. He was kind and caring, and he actually wasn't a sarcastic jerk, and I still liked him. He just took care of Eve and Arden, and the boys, and he was tough and still sweet and he liked to read! He helped Eve, even at his own expense and I just really loved him. Well, maybe he was a little sarcastic jerky in the beginning....
  2. Eve: She was such a great heroine, because she was smart and a little clueless and then she shaped up a bit, and started trusting Caleb. She was also Valedictorian (which may or may not have been a good thing, read the book and tell me what you think) and I liked that. She was funny, and caring, and I would so have befriended her. I loved how she cared about her friends and the little boys in the camp and Caleb so much. Oh my gosh, she was so great!!
  3. Arden: She makes me think of me, 'cause she seemed a little bit obnoxious and kinda mean, but she really wasn't a bad person on the inside. I loved how she found out what was really going on and then just left on her own. She took care of Eve, and they really became like sisters. She was bold and crass all the way through, and really didn't have a sensitive bone in her body. Yeah, she was so cool.
  4. The plot: It was so exciting, and I was really mad when my mom made me put the book down and clean. I mean, cleaning is pointless anyways, and reading is important, and this book is amazing. I loved the way the story moved and I was always super excited to find out what happened next. It was like an emotional roller coaster for Eve, and, since it was told by her, it was an emotional roller coaster for me. The Schools really fascinated me the most, because it was just so crazy and wrong. The corrupt government was awesome and scary, and it was just so darn cool. 
  5. The action: Eve had some heart pounding action, and it left me anxious and nervous to find out what was going to happen to Eve and her friends.   It added this level of suspense, much like in Divergent and Wither (my two favorite dystopian books of all time). It was so so so good.
So, as you can tell. I really loved this book. It's not even funny how good it was. Obviously this is a 5 out of 5 for me. Now everyone should go read it. It's amazing.

<end transmisson>

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what people think, and commenting lets me know you were here! Speak your minds! (Please :D)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...