Jul 19, 2012

My Soul to Keep

My Soul to Keep (Soul Screamers #3)
Rachel Vincent
My Soul to Keep (Soul Screamers, #3)Kaylee has one addiction: her very hot, very popular boyfriend, Nash. A banshee like Kaylee, Nash understands her like no one else. Nothing can come between them.Until something does. Demon breath. No, not the toothpaste-challenged kind. The Netherworld kind. The kind that reallycan kill you. Somehow the super-addictive substance has made its way to the human world. But how? Kaylee and Nash have to cut off the source and protect their friends—one of whom is already hooked. And so is someone else…

This series is insanely addicting. With Hellions, the Netherworld, creepy soul-eating demon drugs, romance, and a new "mystery," this one was probably the darkest and most sad yet. I loved it. I also totally get the whole "Team Tod" thing now...


OK so, Kaylee & Nash go to a party at Nash's friend Scott's house (who is dating Kaylee's evil little cousin, Sophie). Emma's new boyfriend (Doug) smashes into Kaylee's car, and Kaylee figures out he's got a ton of Demon's Breath in his system (which is bad, but very addicting) and is completely high. The whole story is largely focused around Kaylee trying to rescue the people who are already on this demon drug, and to prevent others from getting their hands on it- because (as we learned in My Soul to Save), Demon's breath eats little bits of your soul until there's nothing left. It's not good for one's health. Unfortunately for our lovely heroine with a hero complex, this problem is way bigger than she thinks, and she might not be able to solve it. This was most definitely the creepiest, most frightening Soul Screamers book yet. I absolutely loved it (yeah, I said that already, but really). 


I really like Kaylee. We learn in this next installment in the series that she is incredibly loyal, but she's not stupid. She always knows when she's being played, and finds a way around it. She's cautious, but she'll do anything to save the one's she loves. She's pretty awesome. And then there's Nash. I really do feel bad for the guy, but he's kind of an idiot. Thus, the sudden understanding of the "Team Tod" advocates. Speaking of- Tod is amazing. He's kind and understanding, yet sarcastic and hilarious, and very protective when he needs to be. And he's gorgeous (even if he is dead). I love it. He's actually kinda great, and I love it when he pops in randomly to annoy Kaylee's dad and Nash. Death certainly did not kill his sense of humor. 


I know I say this every time I review one of these, but I just love the covers and the constant theme throughout them, it's so cool and so pretty!!


Obviously, I loved this book and want to give it 5 stars. This series is great and addicting, and if you have yet to start- please do. And if you have started and stopped, you should continue it!! Trust me, these books are so worth reading :D


<end transmission>

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what people think, and commenting lets me know you were here! Speak your minds! (Please :D)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...