Dec 18, 2012

Top Ten Books I Read In 2012

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, and today's theme is "Top Ten Books I Read In 2012."


The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1)1. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin uh, duh. This is my favorite book EVER. Like, ever. I am so in love with Noah and personally feel that I could totally be Mara (minus the PTSD and hallucinations and body count...) I have never read a book so beautifully written, and yet still so modern. It has the teen-girl paranormal romance aspect that I crave in a good YA book, but it's written almost poetically. And her characters are so beautifully written, I love them! I just... yeah. It's my favorite.

2. Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout I love this book! It is such a great start to an AMAZING series. I love Daemon even if he's a jerk, and I love that Katy is a book blogger and a total geek. I adore Katy's BFF (and Daemon's sister), Dee. The characters are so fun and the book is so unique (hello- Aliens!), I'm just so glad I read this one.


Something Strange and Deadly (Something Strange and Deadly, #1)3. Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard This was my first zombie book, and it's so awesome. Eleanor is an awesome character and I am madly in love with Daniel. I adored the steampunk elements in here, too. It wasn't all out gory zombie, so I think it's a really good intro into the whole zombie thing. Especially for chickens like me (Supernatural gives me the creeps and it's like not even scary). 

4. Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry Definitely one of my favorite contemporaries ever. I don't even typically like contemporary romances, but because of the way Echo and Noah were written, I just had to love the book. Their romance is so beautiful, and I love how real all of the characters were. Also, Noah seems to be a really good YA hero name, huh?

Unspoken (The Lynburn Legacy, #1)5. Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan AHHHHHH I am a total Jami fangirl. I ship them guys. I SHIP THEM. Like I'm gonna hurt someone if Kami and Rusty get together, because she is so meant for Jared. Really, truly. I really did enjoy this book, shipping aside. The cover is so beautiful, and I love the witty banter between all of the characters. I mean, Kami is just so freaking hilarious. I seriously think she made the whole book.

6. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor THIS BOOK IS AMAZING AND YOU SHOULD READ IT. Karou is so. Freaking. Cool. She even has blue hair and everything. The plot and backstories and awesomeness that comes in an awesome book? This one has all of that. Yes.
Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)
7. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi I love Julliet with all of my heart. And Adam. Oh my GOODNESS, do I love Adam. He's amazing, and beautiful and awesome and I love him. Really. I love the story of how she can't touch anyone and how she finds people like her in the end. I love it!

8. The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa This book is so gorgeously written, and Kagawa's take on vampires is one of my favorites ever. This is no sparkle vamp romance, guys. It's totally dark- and kinda twisted. PERFECT. I love Allie's struggle for survival and how she handles being a vampire. 

Divergent (Divergent, #1)9. Divergent by Veronica Roth I just realized I read this this year! wow. Divergent is one of my very favorite dystopians. I love the factions and Tris's growth into the strong character she becomes in the end. And Four. I love Four. He is so insanely perfect. I love him.

10. Wither by Lauren DeStephano I didn't realize I read this one this year either!!! Oh my gosh, this book is so good. Like, life changing good. Rhine is so cool and the writing is so awesome and it's so awesome and yeah. One of my faves.




My post was kind silly :) What were y'all's favorite books this year?!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

9 comments:

  1. Love the little iconic picture of the Eiffel Tower with your name. Beautiful.

    Thanks for sharing your favorite reads.

    Here's my Best of 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love every book on this list. Well, I need to read Strange and Deadly but still!
    -Beth
    YA Vixens Top Ten Tues!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list. I have read almost all the books on this list and I love them :)
    Old follower
    my TTT
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2012/12/top-ten-tuesday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still need to read Shatter Me! Here’s my TTT list: http://aliceinreaderland.wordpress.com/2012/12/17/top-books/

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok all the things I didn't read on this list are on to TBR list. More time to read it all I want for Christmas. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yesssss, Mara Dyer was AMAZING! I adored it. I love your list, a lot of these are on my TBR. I need to bump them up so I can hurry up and read them. Especially Strange and Deadly!

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found your blog through The Readingsta's blog and because I love the Eiffel Tower, I had to visit your blog and I really like it, Megan! I plan to visit more and I'm following your blog now.

    From the list above, it's shameful but I've only read Obsidian and Pushing the Limits but both are awesome books and rest I will tackle next year for sure. Oh yes.

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love PTL and Laini Taylor

    New follower happy NY too!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what people think, and commenting lets me know you were here! Speak your minds! (Please :D)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...