Apr 28, 2013

{Review} Light by Michael Grant

Michael Grant
Pages: 411
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
Format: Hardcover
Source: Library
Age Group: Young Adult
Light (Gone, #6)Date Published: April 2, 2013

It's been over a year since all the adults disappeared. Gone.
In the time since everyperson over the age of fourteen disap-peared from the town of Perdido Beach, California, countless battles have been fought: battles against hunger and lies and plague, and epic battles of good against evil. And now, the gaiaphage has been reborn as Diana's malicious mutant daughter, Gaia. Gaia is endlessly hungry for destruction. She yearns to conquer her Nemesis, Little Pete, and then bend the entire world to her warped will. As long-standing enemies become allies, secrets are revealed and unexpected sacrifices are made. Will their attempts to save themselves and one another matter in the end, or will the kids of Perdido Beach perish in this final power struggle?
Light, the sixth and final book in the New York Times bestselling Gone series by Michael Grant, creates a masterful, arresting conclusion to life in the FAYZ.



For whatever reason, I went into this book expecting it to suck. I usually hate the last book in a series, possibly because it makes me sad or sometimes the series is too drawn out or whatever (I have like 5 last books sitting on my shelf that I can't bring myself to pick up...). Anyways, that was certainly not the case with Light and I am glad for it. I couldn't put this book down- and I was reading it while I was working and doing calc homework at the same time and I couldn't get anything done because I was reading and worried for the safety of my babies. (Don't fret guys- I work in the office of a swim & racquet club and only have to do stuff if people come in or the phone rings or what have you) 

About 50 pages to the end I just felt like everyone was going to die (I'm not gonna tell you if they do or not!) and I was scared and almost put it down but couldn't because this series is freakin' addicting. I mean, it's like paranormal Lord of the Flies with a lot more killing and a scary child who wants to rule the world (yeah this is Diana's baby). I lovelovelove Sam & Astrid in this book, because she's not a pain in the butt and they kind of remind me of a post-apocalypse Percy & Annabeth so that makes them cool. And you hate Caine less as this one goes on, which is weird. And I love Diana (crazy, I know. read the book). And Edilio is awesome and you just get so emotionally invested in every single character, even though you don't get to know a whole lot about each of them or see a whole lot from each of their perspectives.
Grant does a great job of making me (the reader) love each character more and more as the series goes on- even the evil ones. I hate all the right characters and get annoyed by a lot of them, but I still worry for their safety and I cried at the end. It's so emotional and I love the way the kids acted when they could see their family members on the outside, because it's so natural. They just sit there and don't wanna do anything even though they can't physically be with their families and its awful and genius all at the same time. 

I kind of hate/love Sam as a person. He's kind of a moron with a hero complex but you love him for it after you know 6 books, but at the same time he really pisses me off a lot. *angst* and Astrid is a lot more laid back by this one, because she's done so much crazy stuff that she can't help it and she and Sam love each other and it's cute, okay? 

I was strangely attracted to Caine.

I just love this series so much and I don't own all of them and I need to and you need to also, okay? okay. 

This was one of those books that really made me think about people, and what I would do if I got trapped in the FAYZ (Probably die). That's the genius of these books. I love the characters and I fangirl or whatever, but I also think about human nature and that's just something that doesn't happen often.

Obviously this is a five stache book (I only read those lately...)


And I wanted to apologize for being so absent lately! AP tests are comin up and I'm super stressed out so there hasn't been a lot of reading going on. Everything'll pick back up *hopefully* in about 2 weeks because I'll have a lot more free time (Literally doing NOTHING in 3 classes after so...) :) I keep losing followers, and I'm sorry if I'm annoying!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what people think, and commenting lets me know you were here! Speak your minds! (Please :D)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...